Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Why don't my plants look as good as when I bought them?

meyermike_1micha
16 years ago

I bought a ton of flowering plants last year at my garden center. I bought flowering almonds, vibertums, lilacs and so on. When I bought them they were full of blossoms. What happened? This year I have more leaves than flowers!

They are not as full bloom as when I bought them last year in pots. I called the nursery and they told me they may never be!! When they are purchased from us, as the woman said, "they were grown in ultimate conditions to sell and look good for the public in some other part of the country. They get shipped to them from all over .. But growing them in your yard, they will never live up to their full potential, because they need a perfect enviroment to do so. They are still acclimating to my growing area, and our winters."

I have them all in full sun, fertilized and growing in compost. Guess I will never be able to grow outdoor shrubs as nice as the nurseries do..Am I right? Is this woman at the greenhouse telling me the truth?

My flowering almond when I bought it, was just all flowers, beautiful, then it grew leaves after the flowers starting falling off I transplanted it into the ground last spring. This spring, it is flowers and leaves, which doesn't look as pretty.;-(

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting