Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
telamin_gw

Help.. Who to call

telamin
19 years ago

Hello All

I posted a similar message on the design forum.

I have a drainage issue in my yard that is just getting worse. Purchased a house two years ago and the grading in the backyard is off so the water does not run to the sewage drain in the back of my yard, instead it piles up about three feet away because there are dips and hills in my yard and a hill prevents the water from reaching the drain and to make matters worst the soil around the drain is lower than the drain. An absolute mess after heavy rainfall or when the snow melts.

I'm a relatively new homeowner and am orginally from NYC, my parents yard never had these issues. I never even knew these issues could exist. I've talked to people at work and they direct me to landscape designers who really don't do grading issues. I've flipped through the phone book and I'm still at a lost.

Can someone tell me the title of the professional who corrects grading issues in residential homes and can also assist in sodding or seeding the area after the grading is corrected. I need to do this right because I don't want to mistakenly direct the water to my neighbors' yards, I need it to move towards and into the drain.

Also if anyone knows of any of these professionals in the Columbus, OH area please e-mail me that info at tel_amin@yahoo.com, don't want to break the "no advertising" rule.

Thanks so much!!!

tke

Comments (2)

Sponsored