Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlndocs

Hiring someone to trim the hedge

girlndocs
17 years ago

We have this hedge.

Well, actually, it's not even our hedge. It is the neighbors' hedge that they planted for privacy and don't bother to maintain because it's in a spot that doesn't bother them no matter how huge it gets -- but it's so big it's literally blocking the sun to my garden. Anyway, the neighbors won't do a darn thing about it, but we have their permission to cut it back as long as it stays 10' high.

We tried to do it ourselves and it just isn't happening, someone's going to lose a limb. Could some of the professionals here give me a loose estimate of what I can expect to pay to have this job done?

The hedge is 40 feet long, about 6 feet wide and currently about 15' high, and we just need the top trimmed back to 10' -- we already trimmed the sides ourselves. It's a laurel hedge. The job can be done with a good power trimmer as there are no branches thicker than 1" to be removed.

I already had one service claim it would be a 2-day job minimum, which is undoubtedly bull, because 3 years ago when it was last whacked back by a neighborhood guy, he and 2 friends did it in an afternoon. So I would appreciate some neutral feedback on what to expect and any advice on getting it done for the least amount of money, as our budget is tight and we really can't afford this in the first place.

Thanks,

Kristin

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts