Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taupe79

Using roses in the landscape... businesses, etc.

taupe79
19 years ago

I have noticed quite a few businesses, malls, doctor's offices, restaurants, etc have landscaping companies use various shrub roses in their landscaping. I was wondering what varieties of roses work well in these settings? They usually seem to be white or pink and covered with blooms the entire summer. What varieties have you used or would you consider using? Thank you.

Comments (2)

• Leemac_z5_Ma
    19 years ago

The "Carefree" series, Carefree delight, Carefree wonder, are good ones Also Shrub rose Knockout ( cherry red) is a great one! ( No spraying constant blooming!) Pretty Lady is a good one too. Alot of the modern shrub roses are easy care, well suited to landscaping! Lee

• _sophiewheeler
    19 years ago

In zone 5, rugosas are great. Carefree, disease resistant, repeat blooming, and fragrant. Hansa is a great one and there are many others. Ask on the Antique Rose Forum for more zone 5 suggestions.

I think one of the major requirements in a landscape rose for a public area should be that it's not what the public perceives as a "rose", i.e., no high centered large bloom style roses. Those get cut, stolen, and dug up.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH