Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creatrix_gw

Getting Ready for Garden Week

creatrix
19 years ago

I have a part time job doing garden maintenance for another designer, K. We have two homes open for Garden Week, which is a big deal here in VA. It's been interesting to watch- months of discussion about the location of the Port-a-Potties at one site!

Shrubs are being replaced, mulch is being strewn about, annuals are arriving by the truckload.

Today, Thurs., K notices some sad patches in the lawn and some sick rhododendrons- the house is open on Tuesday. She's been to the houes a lot over the last month, but hadn't noticed. I guess the lawn guys didn't think it was such a bad thing. Anyway, she's all over getting those patches green and lush by Tues. I won't be surprised if they sod them. She had nine Rhododendrons delivered today to be planted tomorrow. I'm bringing some ironite to try to green up a few Japanese Holly, we'll see.

It's going to be quite the experience for me. We drove past another house on the tour- they had done a bulb planting last fall- oops- the bulbs will be done by next week. I could feel K gloating. Of course, we have two trucks of annuals to plant in beds and containers between the two houses. Three 49+ year old women are all set to get this job done! (I'll let you know if I'm ready to go back to nursing after this!)

Comments (2)