Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creatrix_gw

Getting Ready for Garden Week

creatrix
18 years ago

I have a part time job doing garden maintenance for another designer, K. We have two homes open for Garden Week, which is a big deal here in VA. It's been interesting to watch- months of discussion about the location of the Port-a-Potties at one site!

Shrubs are being replaced, mulch is being strewn about, annuals are arriving by the truckload.

Today, Thurs., K notices some sad patches in the lawn and some sick rhododendrons- the house is open on Tuesday. She's been to the houes a lot over the last month, but hadn't noticed. I guess the lawn guys didn't think it was such a bad thing. Anyway, she's all over getting those patches green and lush by Tues. I won't be surprised if they sod them. She had nine Rhododendrons delivered today to be planted tomorrow. I'm bringing some ironite to try to green up a few Japanese Holly, we'll see.

It's going to be quite the experience for me. We drove past another house on the tour- they had done a bulb planting last fall- oops- the bulbs will be done by next week. I could feel K gloating. Of course, we have two trucks of annuals to plant in beds and containers between the two houses. Three 49+ year old women are all set to get this job done! (I'll let you know if I'm ready to go back to nursing after this!)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County