Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree

Posted by dcmarvel Canada (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 07 at 21:26

Hi. I am not sure if I am posting to the right forum, but I'll try here.

I have a tree that I basically built a shed around a few years ago. the tree goes right up the front of the shed. The tree has grown and is now about .5 cm away from the shed roof. The place where the tree is almost touching the shed is one of the branches just about where the tree stump grows into 2 large branches. Someone suggested that I put a piece of rubber in the area of the tree that is going to grow into the shed and put 2 clasps around the rubber - that will prevent the tree branch from growing in this area.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or does anyone have any ideas of how I can prevent this part of the tree from growing into the shed without having to cut it down.

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 10:57

Any chance of moving the shed?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here