Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve421

tomatos a flop

steve421
18 years ago

hi all,

I posted back in the winter when I was planning on doing a side buesiness...well I tried with tomatos very small scale...I was planning on selling at a local flea market that we have once a month.. and I must say plants looked great until the last week...I planted a little to early and when I was hardening them off..all was great until this last week they took a beating withbthe sun...so I came home to plants with some scorched leaves...so I am giving them away to friends and neirbors...I know they will recover but I dont want to sell anything less than perfect...Little money and time was wasted and I had fun over the winter but am not giving up...I am starting perinials now to sell in a few months...possibly overwinterize them for next year...

Even that it was a loss I learned a lot...when I should start seeds...and how to go about fitting a lot in a small space..some of the ones that I gave away were perfect plants...and If I get feedback from those that I gave them from how they did, how they tasted..how they produced...It wont be a loss at all rather to know for next year if these varities were good to sell..or should I use other varieties...and at this stage of the game for me is more impportant than a profit...so to all who want to venture into this...dont quit your job...I knew I couldnt...and learn from your failures so next time youll succeed...and dont let one disappointment put you down...

Thanks

Steve

Comments (2)

Sponsored