Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llbean_gw

Help after Ph test

llbean
18 years ago

Hi.. I am by no means a professional gardener. I just knew that I wasn't getting the results I want.. I had cleared out an area beside my house that had previously been covered with trees. About 50+ years. The leaves just fell and no cleaned them. Well after having cleared the lot and had black dirt and sand brought in.. I have found that my soil is very acidic.. The PH test was neon yellow, not even on the chart. So I looked at the directions which told me that I should add lime as well as iron.. SO I went to the local ACE hardware where they had no clue about the product htey sold me yesterday and had no recommendations other then reading the label. Now I have naturalime and ironlite and I am wondering if I really need the iron? I would have thought phosphorus but I can't seem to find that, unless that is potash? and if it is where i can buy that?

To answer a couple of questions.. Yes I compost but this project of clearing the land is a year old and new so my compost has yet to make good as I started last year in Aug.. it snows here by Nov.

I use Miracle grow slow release this year and last year I used 10-10-10 because I had it..So please someone help me to get beautiful flowers..

Laura

Comments (3)

Sponsored