Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hap_e

Salvage Credit?

Hap_E
18 years ago

Do any of you work in salvage values for plant material that will be removed (and saved) during a garden revamp and provide a credit to the client?

Occasionally I get jobs that rare or valuable plants are either getting trimmed or removed and if it is something I can use or propagate to sell later I try and give a wholesale price credit for the material I plan on salvaging in my bid. It seems the ethical way to go and I think it helps make me more competitive in my pricing.

But at a "Green Networking meeting" I attended recently, I was told that I am stupid in doing it. "The client doesn't need to know what is trash and what is salvaged". I think that take is wrong; being fair to the client seems to me to be a better business model and reasonable, after all they may recognize their old plant down the roadÂ.

But I thought I would ask what everyone else does and see if perhaps wholesale price is standard for any of you that do give credits, or if there is another formula I should be thinking about.

Thanks,

Hap

Comments (4)

Sponsored