Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michaelhampton_gw

Day to day stresses and tasks of a nursery.

michaelhampton
18 years ago

I am interested to find out and share our day to day schedules and stresses so we dont feel alone and can advise achother from eachothers experiences.

The current stress I have at the moment is where my sales have dropped Im currently not bringing in much money so I having to keep the nursery going as well as keeping 10 employees in work.

The main thing is because my sales have dropped I could grow less therefore less expense and less to try and get rid of. However on the other hand I then have less to sell therefore less money to make and of course less work for everyone.

The other stress Ihave at the moment is were selling our propogation nursery which means Im having to propagate and grow 2 years worth of plants at the moment ready for when we move. Plus I`m going to have to try and sow perennials in October.

My day to day jobs at the moment is just the usual watering and weeding. Plus we`re taking a lot of cuttings at the moment. The maintenance boys are just sorting out a new automatic mist system in the greenhouses at the moment as the old one is no longer any good although theyre still using it temporarily at the moment. This is more expense to me. Is anyone doing any more interesting jobs at the moment other than the usual tasks?

Im not spraying the plants at the moment, although I expect I will have to start soon.

Comments (6)