Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Social media posting policy?

Posted by ginger_nh z4 NH (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 18:19

Hello-
I have a small organic gardening and land care business in NH. I am developing a social media policy to cover facebook, twitter, flckr accounts, etc.

My employees often post photos of our clients' gardens, of fellow employees at work, and so on. No one so far has posted any client names or locations, just a photo with a tag like 'beautiful garden we worked in today' or "lunch on the lake". Photos are posted without asking permission of clients or other employees. I want my business to uphold privacy and respect for both employees and clients when using social media.

Does your business have a policy for social media posting by employees? If so, what does it include?
Ginger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Social media posting policy?

Excellent idea.

o
RE: Social media posting policy?

Hi! This is definitely a hard question to answer as 'Google-ing' it just doesn't seem to produce any results.
What I can say is that just like having client pictures on a website or brochure, you need to ask permission.
Thousands of companies seem to just post images of their clients without even a thought that their customers might object, so it is good that you are making the effort to actually do something about it!
For instance, 'see article attached' posting "before and after" photos of your work, I would object if my garden was a mess before until you fixed it! lol! and it was all over Facebook! Although, just posting a simple picture of a completed project isn't harmful, maybe you will get someone one day that objects without logical reason. We've all encountered someone like that before haven't we?!
So really to sum up I think you should always ask and show someone the photographs before you post them on Facebook to avoid any trouble. This will be to your benefit as well, because they will probably 'like' you on Facebook & tag themselves in your photo for all their friends to see. Hope all goes well.

Here is a link that might be useful: landscape gardener social media

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here