Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suenyc_gw

Landscaper Service Destroyed My Rosebush!

suenyc
17 years ago

Hi,

First off, they call themselves a "Landscape Service". I don't. My landlord(I live in a brownstone)has them come about every two weeks to mow the lawn and play with their obnoxious leaf blowers. I am an avid gardener and I can't stand them. Anyway, on to my problem. I had a very nice rosebush in the yard. The landlord had given me full permission to plant it. It was about 3 feet tall, nice and lush, with buds and blooms on it. Yellow ones. Well I came home yesterday afternoon to this:

{{gwi:1164515}}

You can see where they hacked it off at the top. It's now maybe a foot tall, all the blooms and buds gone. Needless to say I am furious. They left their bill, but no note of apology or anything. I intend to write them a letter of complaint. What I'd like to know is what you professionals do when one of your workers does something like this to a clients property. I understand accidents happen, but if it was an accident, have the decency to take responsibility for it and apologize. I have a hard time believing anyone could mistake a rosebush in bloom for a weed! I have since enclosed it in a cage and can only hope it grows back.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio