Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laddie0813_gw

Sea Green Juniper values

Laddie0813
10 years ago

Part of my front property is being taken by the county eminent domain and rented for their construction staging. They are taking with the intent of returning the property back to us in the same condition. They are paying us rent and replacement value for shrubs and trees taken. We have a double lot and this is impacting the full length. They are taking out in front of the house a rock retailing wall, 30+ year old lilac hedge, flowering crab tree, full size bridal veil bush and most importantly (10+) 20 year old "Sea Green" Juniper bushes. They have offered us a 2 for 1 Juniper plant exchange at $35.00 a plant. #1 You can not plant Sea Green's closer than 6'. At maturity they are 5-6' tall and 6-7' wide. Ours are 6' tall and a minimum of 7' wide at 360 degrees. They are huge! They are planted on top of the retaining wall and hide a very busy county road. Is there not a way that mature Junipers are valued at a fair monetary value? Other than at a 3 Gal. replacement Nursery plant? We are in our 60's and they were the first plantings we did 20 years ago. We will end up with a few new small Junipers in a barren area between them with the street exposed. I must assume the counties reasoning is a 100 year old elm can be valued and replaced by any tree or maybe 2? Whether they can both grow there or not. Also we have planted our property environmentally, specifically for all wildlife. What is the value of these Juniper's to the wildlife's, bird's shelter and food. The county says they have to keep it replacement only, but I just don't see it. Can anyone help me with this and what mature Sea Green Junipers values are? Thank you for all information you can provide to me. Time is of the essence. Thank you.

This post was edited by Laddie0813 on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 1:17

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living