Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please tell me what you think of these

Posted by ms_minnamouse 7b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 12:18

Okay, I'm about to place a big order and don't want to waste my money on things that don't work.

Have you tried these and did you like them?

Wilt-Pruf
Vita Grow Anti-Wilt
Grotek No Wilt Cloning Wax

Which of these did you like the best?

And how about these:

Vita Grow Rooting Compound (do you think it's better than Dip'n Grow?)
Actinovate SP
Mega Grow.

And do you know a good source with really good prices? Wormsway is the only place that has them all but their prices aren't always the best.

Thanks, I really appreciate any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please tell me what you think of these

Have only used Wilt Pruf.... Need to check ingredents & the % concentration. Have found may products containing same ingredents & strength but some will swear by trade name even thought the one they condem is the same material & strength.

o

Save your money. All of these products are made from plant oils.

Plants have tiny opening, mostly on the underside, that allow gases (mainly carbon dioxide and oxygen) and water vapor in and out of the leaf. The size of the opening is regulated by two cells called guard cell which respond to water lose from the leaves. When the leaf has enough water the openings are wide open and the converse is true. With this info, think about happens when these hole are clogged by oil. They don't function properly and the plant suffers.

Plants have adapted to live/survive in different environments so go with mother nature. During hot dry weather, plants will wilt during the day but return to normal in the late evening. Don't try to grow plants in condition them are not suited for such as xeric plants in moist clay soil or bog plants in the desert.

When I was living in the rust belt and we had winters that were sunny, windy and no snow, I would water my landscape plants every month. My neighbors thought I was crazy, but the plants did not die, have die back or winter burn like theirs did.

o

But these products do work. Especially for cuttings.

o

You can save your money and place your cutting in a moist environment which gets indirect sun light.

o

They do not work for cuttings.

o

Which don't tmore?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here