Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Container garden maintenance pricing

Posted by gardeningbythesea none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 8:15

I have been creating container gardens for a few years now...One of my customers, a real state agent (who provides association management services to homeowner association and condominium regime clients) asked me if besides make the containers for her I can maintain it in a weekly basis.I am not sure how to price the maintenance part of it...,a flat rate for every visit plus plant material, fertilizer...I need to provide a plan and prices.
I will apreciate any help with the plan and prices. So right now I am under a lot of pressure to get this right, because it could be open the doors for a lot more business...So I sincerely appreciate any help....thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Container garden maintenance pricing

I don't know if you've searched this forum for old threads on this subject or not, but I'll attach a link for you just in case.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here for great information

o
RE: Container garden maintenance pricing

Spring, summer, and fall maintenance is easy for water garden containers. The customers at the garden maintenance north shore are always in need of the the maintenance for the container gardens. Simply add water to keep it at the proper level and feed the plants and fish as necessary. Occasionally, the water may turn tea-colored though the decay of leaves or the pot may fill with unsightly debris. Empty the container, rinse it clean, and refill as quickly as possible to prevent the plants from drying out. Do not scrub the container clean as this will remove too many beneficial bacteria growing on the container's surfaces.

Winter maintenance depends on the type of plants, type of container, and the climate of the container's location.It should be a fifth of the total cost of the garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here