Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
advices

Posted by alicem (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 11, 08 at 11:37

Hello,

My name is Alice Matricon and Im a recent graduate from a school of landscape design in Paris. Im writing to you in the hope that you could offer me much-needed advice.

It has been my realisation upon completing my degree that my knowledge of plants and flora are still of a limited scale. While my understanding of landscape design is very good on an academic level, I believe that I need first hand experience of these processes to better equip myself with the skills required in this field. Therefore, it is my intention to seek work in Ireland for a year, because I know Ireland has a very high and rich culture of plants and garden.
My goal for this year would be to gain a greater understanding of the varying processes involved in all aspects of taking care and the nurturing of plants, from choosing the right soil to the best methods for growing certain plants. I also need to learn to recognize the trees and plants, and so I need to be in a place with as many species as possible, and work on different and various tasks.
Thats why I seek your advice to know where would be the best place to work, and if there is some availability in this kind of job.
I would love to work in The Botanical Gardens because of its magnificience and such huge diversity of species but I know there are many beautiful gardens throughout Dublin and beyond.
If you have even the smallest advice to help me start my research, Ill be very very happy to follow it.
Thank you very much.

My email : a_matricon@hotmail.com
Phone : 0033631581561

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: advices

Simply google 'irish botanical gardens.' As a matter of fact, you can do this for any country, even your own. Good luck.

o
RE: advices

I'm a self tough person and I learned from working at a garden center. Not only do you learn about the plants, but also learn how to help the customers which I think is important I also learned from talking to the growers, they are more than willing to talk about the plants they grow. What's great about the Horticulture field is you can never learn all there is about it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here