Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumism

wholesale resources

plumism
19 years ago

How about starting a string to share wholesale resources for garden tools and garden supplies?

Lately, I have been using Griffin (www.griffins.com) a lot. I get my propagating supplies there. Their prices are good and they have a wide selection of supplies. They have a number of locations up and down the east coast and they charge a flat fee for delivery no matter how much you order. ($10)

Comments (7)

• NOTHO__NANTUCKET
    19 years ago

We use Griffin also,Bob Story is a great guy, but anyway for what it is worth try www.greenbeam.com unless you are familiar will their services, if you aren,t, they offer four free magazines to people in the business.Perhaps this is not what you are asking about ,but in those mags.is all the info you could want from hard goods ,greengoods,info and contacts so just for the heck of it try it and if you get nowhere Ihave other contacts ,but I think you may be satisfied at least for now .NOTHO NANTUCKET

• Bob_NJ
    19 years ago

NOTOH, You might also try W.H.Milkowski inc. in Stafford Springs Conn. They deliver to your area free on mondays. I buy mostly from Griffin since the warehouse is one mile away. But I also buy from Milkowski and others to keep the competition active and prices down.
    Both companies have great salesman on the road who pass along a lot of good information they pick up from other growers and are quick to set you up with expert help when you need it..Bob.

• NOTHO__NANTUCKET
    19 years ago

Bob NJ, I forgot about Milkoski,thats right,Ithink I will check theM, out it has been awhile since I first heard of them.Idon,t even think they were at the Boston Trade Show. if I remember correcly they have reasonable prices too. Thank you Bob NJ. NOTHO NANTUCKET

• mdaughn
    19 years ago

I use Griffins (Leola office) all the time for most of my supplies, especially since they bought out most of the local competition. In Maryland though, Maryland Plants and Supplies has signficantly better chemical prices than Griffin, although less reliable delivery. I have heard rumors that once you get established with Penn State Seed, that their prices are comparable or better than Griffin but I don't know that as a fact.

• PRO
    Amandas Greenhouse
    19 years ago

I also depend on Griffin for most supplies and yes, Bob Story is my "main man" (although I think technically Campi is supposed to be looking after me.) I get some tools through AM Leonard and in the past I have done business with Greenhouse Supply of Maine. I am definitely attending New England Grows next year to see what (and who) is out there.

Amanda

• NOTHO__NANTUCKET
    19 years ago

Hey palmandan,my philosophy is somewhat similar I don,t make much money on my plants ,the bills are all paid and many people have nice plants in their yards cuz of me and my foolish generousity oh well !! Each year Iattend the show in Boston and stay at the Sowam,s Nursery booth,at least Ihave been for the last ten years .Stop in and ask for bubba maybe we could be of some assistance I see Bob at the nursery all the time ,we once had a great time at the Atlantic City show a few years back.N.N.

• theplayer
    19 years ago

Milikowski's has always beaten Griffin's price when I've gotten quotes from both..talking trailers of soil, pots in bulk from nursery supplies, ect.

Definitely worth playing one against the other to get the best possible price...Never pay catolog price!!

Sponsored