Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
large scale daffodil planting source?

Posted by debinca1 zone 7 ca (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 07 at 2:21

Hi Guys,

One of my clients wants me to do a large scale daffodil planting. I am wondering if any of you can recommend a good source that will be a better buy for me than going through a retail nursery.

The wholesale houses, that I used to order from when I worked at the nursery, tell me its too late for me to place a bulk order. The nursery ordered theirs last jan so I know its a little late but its getting to be planting time so I'd like to hunt them down.

Any Ideas?? thanks, deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: large scale daffodil planting source?

We did a late-season order of 4400 daffs from www.colorblends.com last year. Price was good, size, quality and customer service were great.

Dave

o

The big boxers and Costco usually have daffodils by the 100 pack for around $20. That's not a bad price. They might even be going on sale soon.

o

I just ordered 1000 daffodils from van engelen on the web. . $467.00 plus shipping

o

My favorite is Ednie.

www.ednieflowerbulb.com

o

www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com An excellent source of both fall and summer bulbs and a wonderful on line catalog. Becky was recently a guest on Martha Stewart. They are third generation bulb growers in Gloucester, Virginia. Also many rare and unusual varieties at both retail and wholesale prices.

o

vanbourgondien wholesale--kvbwholesale.com
So far I've had good luck with their stuff. And their prices are great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here