Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i put in display gardens for a farmstand

Posted by lizzianthus 5nh (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 30, 05 at 5:30

i work for trade at a farmstand that also is a store for produce i am a master gardener as well as a past certified organic farmer i would like any ideas to help the farm to promote sales,so far so good in what i have done but i want to do more it is late in the season but any ideas for spring is most wanted. i have 8 beds 40 feet long and also can do whatever i want

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i put in display gardens for a farmstand

Hi lizzianthus,

Are you trying to promote plant sales with your beds? Or just sales in general? Or are your plans to sell from the beds?

Farm stands offer a huge opportunity for ornamental plant sales. Ornamentals can offer a farm stand early sales and summer produce can offer extended sales for ornamentals.

Bruce

o
RE: i put in display gardens for a farmstand

Display gardens are a passion of mine but you really have to keep good records to see if it actually improves sales. My guess would be that a nice display garden will efficiently get the message across to anyone driving by about what you sell and who you are. There is no cheaper or better form of advertisement. But you can also make it work for you by harvesting product from it and selling from it directly.

Understand that a spiffy display may not immediately improve cash flow - its affect will be in the long term. After people have seen it over and over. It will be the one thing they remember.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here