Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No more Peter's 20-20-20 fertilizer

Posted by muddydogs WA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 07 at 22:18

For years we've been selling Peter's 20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer and Peter's Super Blossom Booster to our customers. They want more of these products but since Shultz bought Peter's they're not available anymore. Fertilome has 20-20-20 but no trace elements. Are trace elements necessary? What are you recommending in 2008?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No more Peter's 20-20-20 fertilizer

I'm not following your gist here. Are you saying you are not able to get Peter's anymore for some reason and need to find another brand with a similar formulation, or that you can get Peter's but not a formulation with minors.

From the last I heard, Peter's family product lines are up and running under the name of Jack's Professional. I've linked to it below. Go to their product description page and it gives the breakdown of all the familiar lines.

Are you saying you are interested in obtaining these for retail sales? The reason I'm asking is the product with minors is what I use for bedding plant production using a soil less mix. It is recommended to have a product with minors for this use. For general purpose home gardening use, it's OK, but usually just a plain old GP formulation if fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look familiar?

o

I like the plant marvel 20-20-20 plus. it has the trace minerals and it's reasonably priced too. I've been using it for a couple of years now.

Here is a link that might be useful: plant marvel greenhouse products page

o

Calliope is correct. Jack Peters bought the company back but they were not able to buy the Peters name, so their products are now called "Jack's". Jack's Professional is their commercial line that comes in 25lb bags. They also make retail products in smaller packages under the name Jack's Classic. They make all of the same great formulations that used to be available under the Peters name.

o

were can you buy Jack's Classic as I have been searching for Peters 20-20-20 for a couple of years now. I used it on all my plants.

o

Go the link I clicked a few years ago and you'll see a window where you can call the company, and they'll give you the info how to connect with a distributor.

o

I work at a private nursery in Texas and we have been using Peter's 20-20-20 in our injector for years. After Scott's acquired Peter's, we were still able to buy 50 lb. bags of the Peter's 20-20-20, with the only apparent change was the addition of the "Scott's" emblem to the top of the bag. We won't sell retail it because we don't want the Scott's product line in the store.

In May of this year, Scott's Professional products was bought by Everris. Maybe we'll see Peter's 20-20-20 back on the market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here