Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brian_zn_5_ks

My little nursery jokes...

brian_zn_5_ks
17 years ago

I have worked as the nursery manager for a full line garden center for over 10 years now, and I have either been there too long or I am having too much fun - you decide:

I have a 2" caliper bald cypress that died back to a 6" stump, yet sprouted generous adventitious growth. I've been playing around with it for a few years, snipping here and there. I have it prominently displayed with the price tag marked "$1699.00 or best offer"

In the spring I go to the Hobby Lobby store and buy plastic apples to hang from the fruit trees for sale. Get a lot of double takes on the cherries...

We shift a lot of can stock quite often, and sometimes the tags get lost. I'll be able to figure out what exact cultivar I got when they bloom, but in the interim they get a tag like this - "Mr. E Lilac", or "Mr. E Buddleia". This little joke comes back to bite me when the little old lady comes in and says, "I got the most wonderful lilac from you last year, and I want another one. It was a (here it comes...) Mr. E!"

And then the little garden railroad I have set up makes children of all ages smile....

I dunno, I think I been there too long...

brian

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH