Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liverworts and Mogeton 25 wp

Posted by sirsedum 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 14:00

Ok, So I may have stated in the past, we grow water plants and ever since I got here, we have had a Liverwort infestation. Now I have been reading some promising research on "quinoclamine" also known as Mogeton 25 WP, and it seems to be fairly effective for controlling both Algae and Liverwort. However after doing all this reading I am unable to find a vendor of this stuff on the internet. I'm sure some of you have better sources of information and for chemical suppliers. Any thoughts or comments. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liverworts and Mogeton 25 wp

Mogeton is what we used at the wholesale growing nursery I used to work for......and it seemed to be pretty darn effective. My understanding is that is not yet registered for that purpose in this country and may not even be available for sale here. The German owner imported it from Europe. IIRC, your nursery has a European owner also - perhaps he can access it through some of his contacts abroad.

o

Oxyclean.

o

Does anyone know a source for Mogeton 25WP? Are there any other known liverwort killers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here