Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josh_gisg

Advice on a location for garden center

josh-gisg
13 years ago

Hi,

I'm new here and had a question about locations. We are still in the planning stages of opening our garden center and have the option of either

A:

1 acre on a fairly busy boulevard. No chance of expansion because of a fun center with go-karts (which might be noisy) and another establishment on both sides.

B:

5 acres for the same price in a location about 5 minutes off the beaten path. It is surrounded by nature which also sort of fits our theme of serenity.

If your interested you can check out our site for Grand Island Serene Gardens:

http://www.grand-island-serene-gardens.com/

We are aiming to have a Japanese garden and interior type of niche with serenity as a general theme. We are also aiming to do a bit of online stuff (garden tools, cutlery, and pottery) as we are developing our own handmade products in Japan.

I was wondering your thoughts on locations. I know location is everything, but maybe a quieter location with focused PR to bring people there will be better for our concept? I'm sort of leaning toward the 5 acres but would like some input from others. The plus side of things is that there isn't really much competition around either location. Is it possible to have a successful garden center that is sort out of the way?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?