Return to the Professional Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Florel growth regulator

Posted by runswithscissors MT 4/5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 15:40

Hi, I'm just a hobby greenhouse grower and I'm trying an experiment this year with Florel. I've pinched all my container plants and want to encourage branching with more compact growth. The mixing instructions are geared for large professional set ups. I just want to mix up enough for a quart spray bottle. Doing a google search I found a lot of articles about the merits of using Florel, but can't seem to find mixing instructions for a home user. Have any of you used this in a home sprayer before? I was aiming for 250 ppm but do not have the math skills to understand how to mix up a small amount of the product to equal this ratio.

The directions when using it for mistletoe removal (5400 ppm) is 16 fl.oz to one gallon. How would I mix it in the format of tsp per qt?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Florel growth regulator

You need to contact the 800 number on the label and ask them. I expect that this product is not legally labeled for non-professional use, but if it can be used in that way, you will be helped. Just call that number.

o
RE: Help with Florel growth regulator

^Good advice. Most companies are surprisingly receptive to inquiries.

Using math, I got a tsp per quart as a final number. Kinda wierd it worked out like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Professional Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here