Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laag_gw

Where's Audge?

laag
17 years ago

It is winter break. I hoped we hear from him. Hopefully, he did not get swept away to some tropical paradise as a roady for the Girls Gone Wild crew.

I'd love to know what he thought of the first semester at Geulph.

Comments (3)

• inkognito
    17 years ago

Given these coordinates: age 20, end of first semester at University, Christmas, Canada, use your imagination Andrew where would you be? looking for some action on the Garden web? I don't think so. Where were you at that age? me too. When you recover Audric give us some news, eh?

• bonsai_audge
    17 years ago

Hello Andrew, Ink, and crew!

No, my holiday break has been rather sedate (i.e. no tropical paradise). I was involved in a car accident the second day I came home, so I've spent most of the holidays just relaxing (read: eating, sleep, and daytime TV) and focusing on getting better. As the second week of my three-week holiday comes to a close, I've been getting out of the house more often and increasing my activity levels. My attention span has drastically shortened (probably due to it being the holidays, and not from the accident), so I can't find the patience/concentration to participate in the forums. I have been lurking, however, every once in a while.

The first semester at Guelph went quite well; there were some issues getting used to different the different living/working environments but they're practically all gone by now. Some courses caused a little more grief than others, but the one studio course that I had was great. As there's only (max) 50 of us in first year, the studio's a really intimate and friendly place. The profs are amazing, too. It's so completely different than any other course that I know of, as there's an immediate requirement to work closely with both the profs and other students. I'm looking forward to next semester, as there are more Landscape Architecture-specific courses.

After that? Well, then there's finding a place to live for second year, and also a job for summer. I'm going to be revising/editing my resume to send out to local companies to see what positions may be available. But for now, I have half an hour of "Chicago" to watch (leftover from last night) and a New Year's party to get ready for.

-Audric

• Cady
    17 years ago

Glad you're okay after that car mishap. Hope you get more studio courses, and a summer job that really gets your feet wet (figuratively, unless in involves designing and installing water features). We'll be eagerly awaiting your report on Guelph: Part Deux.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living