Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angel Wing Begonia

Posted by Richdp24 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 15:59

Im desperately looking for a cutting of Angel wing begonia.

It seems to be almost impossible to get hold of one.

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction? They are such beautiful houseplant. The flowers are wonderful !

Thanks all.

Rich

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angel Wing Begonia

googling: WHERE TO BUY ANGEL WING BEGONIA..

got me to the link below..

i have NEVER dealt with them ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Rich, angelwings are fairly common. I'd visit your local houseplant outlets...big box stores, garden centers, florists, and even grocery stores. You should be able to find a small plant for a little bit of money.

I've never seen cuttings for sale, even on line.

o

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb! I don't know how things usually go in England, but here in the US, it's common to find Begonias when they start selling annuals. I find them much less often in the house plant section. Wax Begonias make a wonderful house plant also.

o

Richdp24 - I hadn't noticed you were in the UK. You are right they don't seem to be that common in commerce but they are very common in people's homes and are probably more of a pass along pant here. Have you asked at work? Friends? Neighbours? Doctors' surgery? Got any kids? Ask them if there are any at school - maybe in the science labs if they're in secondary. You might also find them by looking for cane begonias rather than Angel Wings but even then there are not many sources as far as I can see.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cane Begonias

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here