Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone purchased from this place?

Posted by bernadette_gourder 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 19:56

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a place to buy my soil and amendments plus pots and the like. So far, no place locally that I know of has any large amount of vermiculite, perlite, or peat moss. Just the few qt. bags, which, if I was to get it like that, would cost a bundle. So, I've been looking everywhere for an online/catalog store, everywhere I look the shipping is a whole lot (they are shipping dirt mind you!) I found this place just yesterday: www.jrjohnson.com. Has anyone bought anything from them? I do not know the price of shipping, but they say they do not charge more than they actually pay to ship it, which was nice to hear. Plus they sell large bags 3 or so cubic feet).
Would really appreciate any reviews about them or if you know of a place like what I am describing.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone purchased from this place?

If you have a commercial greenhouse in your area, contact them able buying the stuff you want from them.

o
RE: Has anyone purchased from this place?

I've never purchased from them but you might want to check their feedback on Garden Wachdog. I agree with what the previous person said about contacting a local grower. Soil and soil ammendments are bulky and can be heavy.

Here is a link that might be useful: JRJohnson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here