Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grafting blue spruce question

Posted by gary77788 none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 1:51

Apologies if this question has been asked before but ive searched and cant find it.Im currently trying to graft ornamental blue spruce hoopsii scion to picea abies rootstock using a side graft.I understand that the rootstock plant must not be beheaded low down during this process otherwise it dies.So my question is this.How long after the scion has taken am i supposed to wait before beheading the rootstock?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grafting blue spruce question

are you sure you can put picea pungens on picea abies????

grating is constantly addressed in the conifer forum.. and i have never seen any of those dudes in the propagation forum .... though i care not where you post ...

look for anything by DAX ... and he will know the answer ...

ken

o

Perhaps the moderator could repost my question in the conifer forum?Or do i have to do that? Im new to this site and i chose the most appropriate forum i could see.

o

there is no moderator... simply copy/paste the innards of this one.. in a new post in the conifer forum ... which i will link below for your ease

welcome to GW ...

post wherever you want.. i was just leading you to where i think you would get the best answer

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here