Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Primroses

Posted by a1chemyst 7-Georgia (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 17, 10 at 9:37

Well i got 3 diffrent primroses... they all have the same foliage i figure color of the flowers is irrelevant... 25 cents EACH! woo. but once i told my other gardening people about them they were mad i didnt get them any extra. great friends right? lowes is about out of the prims, at least the decent ones, obviously for 25 cents they were on the clearance rack but they were still some nice ones. anyhow i thought maybe i could just cut off a leaf and throw some rooting compound on it, stick it in peat or something. they need to keep all the leaves they can because the freaking woman threw them in the bag and broke off a whole lot... they never leave them out of the bag when you tell them to. there are also a few iffy flowers that may need to be cut off, so any success with the flower stalks? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Primroses

Flower stoks.... no way....
Can you use the leaves in the bag?

o

Primroses here are long lasting perennials. I remove them from the garden when it gets hot in the summer and place them in a large container in a shady area. In the winter I divide them and replant in the garden. I get several years out of a few plants and the ones that get looking ratty I just throw away. Al

o

so, take a shovel and cut it in half and leave some roots? yes? ok then?

o

Primroses produce multiple crowns. Divide by separating the crowns with their own roots. Splitting a single crown into two,generally is not successful. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here