Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple Varities - Supplier of scion wood

Posted by ClarkinKS 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 13:32

Has anyone dealt with http://bighorsecreekfarm.com/apple-varieties/ ? I am strongly considering ordering several rare varieties of apples scions from them including Arkansas Black, Ben Davis, and Newtown Pippin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple Varities - Supplier of scion wood

Big Horse Creek Farm has a perfect Garden Watchdog rating. They should be a very safe bet.

o

Thanks Brandon they have some great varieties and at a reasonable price!

o

I live just a county over from Big Horse Creek Farm. There is no better place to order apple trees. They attended our local plant sale last year with some beautiful two-year old trees to sell (one pictured with this post. The trees were gone in a flash.We had them graft trees for our sale this year from an old tree originally located in our own county and no available anywhere commercially. These folks are great, their prices really fair and their trees are beautiful. I recommend them without hesitation.

o

Thank you I not only ordered some scions from them I also ordered rootstocks as well. They offer 111's to graft on to for $2.50 per tree.

o

Thank you Irmaly your recommendation was very helpful! Very nice picture!

o

And boy, is Arkansas Black a great apple. After you pick them, let them sit for 2-3 weeks before eating.

o

Thanks david52! We will see how they do in zone 5. I know they are wonderful in Arkansas and southern Misssouri.

o

I've ordered from them for 15 years - every year, benchgrafts and now scion wood. I've had excellent results in the 100+ trees I've received over the years. - Rick Godsil

o

Thanks for the info Kansas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here