Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propagating Apple Rootstock by Hardwood cuttings

Posted by Markcrumpton UK (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 14:26

Hello

I am a student at Bicton College in Devon, UK. I have built a heated garner bin and am currently about to root various hardwood cuttings of mainly apple rootstock in the bin using various concentrations IBA.

I am about to make the various IBA hormone concentrations but have become stuck reading that using certain alcohols will denature the IBA chemical rendering it ineffective.

Has anyone had experience making various concentrations of IBA from concentrate for veg prop or even rooted apple rootstock from hardwood cuttings.

The varieties I am looking at are

M116
MM106
M9
Quince A
Colt

I have uploaded some of the alcohols at my disposal but I do not have the name of the IBA chemical at the moment. Any information would be much appreciated.

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propagating Apple Rootstock by Hardwood cuttings

Hi Mark - maybe someone on the Fruit and Orchards Forum will be able to help?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruit Forum

o
RE: Propagating Apple Rootstock by Hardwood cuttings

do we get a cut of your grade on this assignment???

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here