Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1chemyst

Succulent prop.

a1chemyst
14 years ago

Well i assume that this plant is a succulent, i was told it was. its leaves are just leaves with no stems. straight leaf (no side prickles or curl) and they point (not curve, come out and point) straight up. then in the spring or fall they get a tall stem in the middle that have hanging white bell flowers. then the flowers fall and the stem remains but darkens and gets very brittle at which point it is snapped off. i have seen leaves grow from this tall stem though, on other plants not my own. dark, forest green leaves. ends of leaves are extremely pointy and while planting, it actually drew blood. Extremely easy to grow such as all succulents, grow in the georgia red clay just fine. i have 5 plants, and around each of its roots appeared what to be a place where it was snapped off another plant so that tells me they spread by themselves right? not sure, this is my first succulent. so i thought maybe it could be prop'd by taking the long stem and putting it in water, like a confederate rose and a couple other plants. havent tried it, just got them, havent bloomed yet. maybe rooting horomone? or should i use the leaves, they usually work best... i dont know. Whatever methods there are i would like to know. and if you know the actual name of the succulent please tell me =)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting