Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fast Grape Propagation

Posted by jbabin387 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 6, 10 at 18:56

Hello, doing a bit of an experiment with a friend and it may sound ridiculous but if you can offer any advice it would be much appreciated!

I need to start from a seed of any grape species and bear one peice of fruit within 180 days. These would be grown indoors (it is winter and there is snow) under any conditions that would promote the quickest propagation possible. I am willing to grow these in soil, or by other means and willing to grow any species. A single grape is needed, it does not need to be healthy or even edible.

Does anyone think this is remotely possible? It would be great to hear an idea! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fast Grape Propagation

Not likely in 180 days for several reasons. Grape seeds are not dependable as far as growing bearing plants are concerned, but there are exceptions. Most grape plants are started from cuttings to save time and they take 2 years at least.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here