Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
markcase1964

now cut that out round robin swap

markcase1964
15 years ago

Over on the round robin forum, we are hosting a plant cutting and bulb swap. Here are the details and a direct link. We are now on our second page and have over 20 people involved now. If you are interested, come on over and check it out.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg010635273859.html?138

NOW Cut that OUT! Cuttings & Bulbs swap.

This swap is for cuttings and live portions of plants of any type. Rhizomes, woody cuttings, leaf cuttings, bulbs, any part of a plant that you know will root and "clone" the plant.

This is as much an educational swap as it is about giving someone cuttings. Please research how your cuttings need to be treated so they will root. When you send your cuttings, please include directions on how to root your plant.

Now the rules:

1) Sign ups will be until March 1, 2009.

2) You will need to package and mail your cuttings in a priority mailer so they reach me on March 12 or 13, 2009.

3) I have a crew of volunteers that will sort, repackage and help ship the packages on the weekend so they can be returned in the mail on March 16, 2009 by priority mail.

4) When you send your cuttings, include postage for a small flat rate box ($10.35) and a return mailing label in your package so it can be returned to you.

5) Post on this forum what types of plants you can make cuttings and what type of cutting you are making (woody, leaf, rhizome, bulb, etc) and how many you can make like this:

Figs, Civil War Era unnamed variety: wood cuttings. (I can make as many as you like)

Lemongrass, bulbs (I have 10 to share)

Blue bearded iris, rhizome (I have 6 to share)

Pampas Grass, rhizome (I have 8 to share)

Lucky Bamboo, stem cuttings (I have 6 to share)

Butterfly Bush, woody cuttings (I can make as many as you like)

6) Read through what is being offered and send me an email what you wish to get and from whom.

7) On March 2-4, I will contact the person making available cuttings and tell them how many cuttings they need to send.

8) When sending your cuttings, wrap woody sections with a damp paper towel or newspaper and put into an zip lock bag or a cut 20 ounce soda bottle.

9) Rhizomes and bulbs need to be sent bare root or in loose peat.

1. Leaf cuttings need to be layered in damp (NOT WET) paper towels and put into a zip lock bag.

Please research your plants. There is a LOT we can all learn about cuttings and propagating them. If you have any questions, please ask.

Mark

Comments (6)