Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dwarf peach

Posted by rob_peace VIC Aust (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 21:47

I have several dwarf peach/nectarines. some ornamental types and 2 fruiting types. this year some suckers arose from the rootstocks so i took the opportunity to graft/bud a peach variety given to me by a friend. The hope was to create another dwarf plant which i could separate off later. The newly grafted peach is growing well but appears not to be dwarfed by the rootstock. So, the question is : What went wrong?! Why did the newly grafted peach escape the effects of the dwarfing rootstock?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dwarf peach

who says the root system on yours is dwarfing ... are you presuming.. or do you know???

though you will get general theory here.. there are some peeps in the fruit forum who i have never seen here ...

ken

o
RE: dwarf peach

Hi, Ken. Two of my ornamental peaches are prunus persica 'alboplena' and 'versicolor'. these are old varieties and not normally dwarf but are on the rootstock i bought them on. but as my own budded effort seems not to be dwarf, I'm hoping someone can point out where my error is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here