Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parkman009

Propagating Actinidia kolomikta - hardy kiwi

Alan Parkman
16 years ago

I took some dormant cuttings of hardy kiwi âÂÂarctic breezeâÂÂ? today. IâÂÂve never seen this plant before, it is quite unique. The branches I took seem to have no dormant buds only big leaf scars, but they must be there somewhere! Do I need to find a cutting with visible buds?

Comments (6)

• georgez5il
    16 years ago

The buds are there they have not started to swell. I prefer to use cuttings of firm new growth (taken in late July/August)apply 0.6 to 0.8% IBA (rooting hormone) stick in well drained soil & mist....taking 3-4 weeks to root.

• TxGreenthumb88
    10 years ago

Is it critical to use intermittent mist on hardy kiwi or can i use some sort of humidity chamber?

• TxGreenthumb88
    10 years ago

Is it critical to use intermittent mist on hardy kiwi or can i use some sort of humidity chamber?

• TxGreenthumb88
    10 years ago

• Charlie
    10 years ago

No it is not critical. just keep it moist.

• Charlie
    10 years ago

Did this work? I took some dormant cuttings of my artic and anna last February and placed them in water inside and I was able to root only one of 11 and it died when I transplanted it. I have room for one more kiwi plant and would like a female.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor