Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to propagate angel vine

Posted by picketfencecrafts illinois (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 10:19

I just bought my first angel vine and it is so lovely! I would like to propagate and teach it to grow on different structures. Would I just cut a piece off and root in water!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to propagate angel vine

Muehlenbeckia complexa aka Angel Vine is reliably hardy to z8 so if you have it outdoors it might not survive the winter. It is a creeping vine which will root along the stems where they touch the soil so it can be propagated by layering. To get it to climb you will need to help it upwards. It is invasive in warmer areas of the US.

o
RE: how to propagate angel vine

Thank You! I plan on giving it a home on my deck under the gazebo during the summer months and bringing it indoors during the winter months. I love the airy feeling that the vine gives. Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picket Fence Crafts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here