Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kalanchoe/Paddle Plant-Need advice Please

Posted by gardenlady48 z5 IL (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 19:38

I have a Kalanchoe Paddle Plant called 'Fantastic'. I've only had it since Christmas. Beautiful plant w/3 individual plants in one container. Watered only when totally dry and kept on the dry side. However the other day...I found one stem on the floor that has apparently rotted off??? Hmmm

question"..I cut off the mush of the dropped stem. Can I root this fairly easy after it calluses over? I would like to put it back in the pot with the other two very healthy stems (plants)....I pulled up on the plant that was remaining from the stem breakage, and saw healthy roots. Who knows, ....I dont see any reason why I couldn't replant back into original pot. Your thoughts??

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kalanchoe/Paddle Plant-Need advice Please

I would like to put it back in the pot with the other two very healthy stems (plants)....

==>>> i would not put ... a potentially diseased plant.. back into a pot with healthy plants ...

root it elsewhere ... and if successful ... then repot the whole for summer ...

check out the link

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
RE: Kalanchoe/Paddle Plant-Need advice Please

Thank you Ken, for the advice and links. I potted up 3 lrg leaves, and potted the stem that broke off....so we will see what happens. Sounds like I have to wait 3wks! :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here