Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Prague Viburnum'

Posted by chowdhry USDA 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 12, 10 at 20:33

Hello Everyone Here,
I would like to grow Viburnum x Pragense from cuttings (Common name: Leather leaf Prague Viburnum -A hybrid of V. rhytidophyllum and V. utile, Hardiness:USDA Zones 5 - 8, Max Height 6-10', Full sun/ partial-shade, Fragrance~spicy, White Flowers, requires well drained slightly acidic pH soil).
Has anyone tried growing it using softwood cuttings? Please post your experience or tips here, I'll be much appreciated, many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Prague Viburnum'

apply 0.8% IBA (Rooting hormone) stick in well drained soil & mist taking 80 days to root
hope this helps.

o

Thanks for the tips. What season would you recommend to start with: spring or summer?. Would you recommend artificial light/heat and cutting placed in zip lock bag to maintain humidity? Softwood cuttings I have are thin as matchsticks and I am not sure which cutting is better for viburnums; flowered/non flowered? Thanks again!.

o

spring best time firm new growth best. if flower buds on cutting remove them. good air circulation important so open zip lock several times a day. indirect light best use windo with goo exposure

o

Thank you Sir!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here