Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propagating these plants?

Posted by elly29 ca z9 (ronald2278@sbcglobal.net) on
Sun, Mar 25, 07 at 22:02

I need to know how to propagate these two plants. South African Jasmine and Sweet Broom. Can you help me?
Thanks,
Elly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propagating these plants?

I don't know of a calendar per se; but I do know that most forms of propagation are best performed in the spring, or the season when the plant is growing most vigorously. It is not a good idea to try and propagate at a time when a plant is dormant.

o

I want to know how is the best way, not when.

o

I believe that you'll have much more success with your query if you'll use the current botanical name instead of the very ambiguous common name. Often it is quite simple to determine the botanical name by typing the common name in the Goggle system. I believe that you'll find that many,many plants bear the same common name and no useful information may be gleaned based upon a common nme.
Best of Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here