Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dusty Miller cuttings

Posted by pippi21 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 17:34

I had a beautiful dusty miller plant that came back from last year, but was damaged somewhat from the 55 in. of snowfall we had in one week during the month of Feb. this year. Today, I cut off the damaged branches off and saw that already the plant has rejuevanated new growth in the middle of the plant. I took healthy cuttings, stripped the bottom leaves, dipped in water, then rootone and planted them in 4 in. nursery pots. It is now 91 degrees here at 5:30pm in Md. outskirts of Washington, DC. Home of the Cherry Blossoms. If you want to see them, better hurry up because they are at their peak and if we get rain like predicted on Thursday night, they;'ll be finished until next year or a good windy day comes along. So many people in DC visiting last weekend, streets packed with tourist. If you've never seen the Cherry Blossoms, plan a trip for next year. They really are beautiful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dusty Miller cuttings

Yes the cherry blossoms ar a sight to behold. But congrats on the success with rooting your dusty miller they make a good addition to any garden.....

o
RE: Dusty Miller cuttings

I just did about 8 (4 in. pots)last night. Hope they take but should. If not, I'll just buy some starter plants and go from there. If my creeping phlox that I bought and planted several weeks ago continue, they should return next spring and I'll be a happy camper.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here