Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need timer for misting

Posted by harley_j1 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 5, 06 at 18:38

I am in search of a timer for a misting system to root some cuttings.It needs to be able to be programed to come on in the morning and go off in the evening and cycle for about 6 sec every 2-3 min. i have tried the ones you can get at wallmart but the min. time interval is every 2 hrs. this doesnt work for me too well. Any suggestions on where to find such a timer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need timer for misting

I bought a Melnor Model 3060 battery operated timer with a mist cycle last year. The shortest cycle allowed is on for two minutes and off for 10. It is resonably priced around $30 I think. Batteries last for several monthes, 2 AA batteries needed. My pet gripe is having to reprogram the cycle when batteries are replaced. Al

o

I have one, that I've had for years, from a company called Tork. It is adjustable from 6 to 360 seconds, every 6 minutes. It's 120 volt (no batteries), and costs about $120.00. I also made one from old stuff that was laying around. It runs for 10 seconds, every 10 minutes (close enough), and cost about $10.00

If anyone wants instructions, and diagrams, for building your own, send me an e-mail.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tork

o

If you have a solenoid driven valve you could hook the solenoid up to a gralab model 451 timer(used for darkrooms) - they have this timer on ebay. It is totally programmable(x amount of time every y interval). It has a 120v output that would open your solenoid valve

o

Here's one I'm considering

Here is a link that might be useful: misting timer and valve

o

I used the gralab 451(i'm a newbie - just stuck my first plants in the sand yesterday) - I picked it up on ebay for $32 - I like it because it is totally programmable.(I'm playing w/ schedules now). I'd recommend this timer. The only bad thing is that alot of them do not come w/ instructions and the instructions can;t be found on the web. I finally figured out how to program it(after hitting evry button 10 times).

o

Try http://mistkits.com They have the timers you need and complete systems as well. It is a great site for whatever you need. The blog has some great gardening tips too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mistkits.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here