Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anti wilting products?

Posted by ms_minnamouse 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 18:47

Has anyone tried any anti wilting sprays on their cuttings and plants? Ones like No Wilt and Vita Gro Anti Wilt and Wilt-Pruf, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anti wilting products?

I am set up to provide mist to the cuttings & therefor do not need/require the use of "anti wilting products" Can use either/or but not both

o

I don't so I put cuttings in plastic bags. It would be cool to not have too. Or to spray my plants that need humidity for the winter when I bring them in and not have them die. Hopefully, I haven't bought or tried it yet.

o

I have read about it. On the paper, it sure sounds good not having to deal with fungus outbreak, etc associated with high humidity in the dome or plastic bags. I'm looking for anyone that have tried it with good success.

o

I'm going to buy some sooner or later so I'll probably post my results.

o

I tried the No Wilt spray and the funny thing is the tomatoa cuttings I sprayed with it, dried up and died. The ones I didn't spray were fine...So, I don't use it with my cloning machine, I just cut with a sterile razor, dip in cloning gel and plop in my cloning machine I built, roots in 6 days or so!

More info on my site

-Eric
Technology Garden

o

What's your site? I looked up "Technology Garden" and it didn't look related to plants.

o

I thought that the Anti Wilt Product is to be used after seed germination, not on cuttings?
Anyone else out there have experience witht this stuff?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here