Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msalex28a

FreePlants.com

msalex28a
16 years ago

Has anyone ordered the whole kit for $297? I was wondering if it was worth it? It just seems like a lot of money.

Comments (17)

• nurserymanager
    16 years ago

I've read about and it does seem like a lot of money. I think that if you do a lot of research on propagation and experiment with different technechs (? sp) you could do the same thing. I'm not putting down Mike's kit I just know everybody can't afford to pay for it.
    Eric

• trianglejohn
    16 years ago

I think that Mike is going about marketing his system of growing/propagating/selling in a totally new way - and that puts off some more mainstream people. I did not buy his system but I may in the future. I have subscibed to his newsletter and checked some of his online books. I like the way he presents his information - very down to earth. Again, this is not the way these sorts of things have normally been managed so it rubs some people the wrong way. I don't see anything wrong with his information or techniques.

One thing I have observed concerning people selling stuff (any product) is that they often claim they "sold out" of something when in fact they sold well but not completely OUT of it. There is a big difference. If you crunch the numbers, you need accurate data to determine what your prices should be or where you are making money. I know that when I sell plants at the local farmers market or flea market, selling 3/4 of what I bring is a GOOD day, and selling 1/3 is normal. I never sell out of anything unless I only bring a few of them. But, that being said, if you use those numbers I can still find a decent price that allows me to make good money selling plants.

• thelwig55
    15 years ago

I have been a member of the free plants forum for over 3 years, $297.00 is so fair and on the board is a sales board that if you are a member you can sell, you can cut stick and sell your cuttings and regain your 297.00 in a week, but you must be a member. His Marketing and help is first rate and he is always there to address questions, problems you are having and praise. Again there is a money back offer, this is not a pyrimad scam, it is straight forward info, by no way do I profit for writing this, just give it a try

• sandraw1
    15 years ago

I too have been considering purchasing Mike's system. IN fact I looked into it years ago and didn't and now I am looking again/still. As I am about to take the pllunge I have a question. Is it an addition $300 for the member forum after purchasing the main system? Thanks

• ladybarber101
    15 years ago

There is a 60 free trial of the board in which you can then make the option of being a permanent member on the board which right now he is offering for 3 installments of 99 every 60 days. We bought the system in october and I have gone to one day a week at my regular job and am working the nursery almost full time now. If you have the drive it will work for you.

Hi Tammy!

• little_dani
    15 years ago

I purchased the $297 deal, then was really irritated that they wanted another $300 to really help me out.

So, I really feel like I wasted my money. What I bought was stuff I already knew. My fault entirely, but still was surprised about the extra $300.

Janie

• hostalavista
    15 years ago

Sounds like to me you should be asking for your money back.
    What a rip off.
    You others who have bought his plan, is this what you were charged??

• onnie
    15 years ago

In his kit, where is he saying to order these Japanese Maples so cheaply..? Sounds too good to be true....

• jbest123
    15 years ago

Mike sezs that what you get is an accumulation of information that he has collected over a 30 year period. What this means is that 90+% of the information will be obsolete. Many retailer/wholesalers do not care if you are in business or not. They use the quantity discount method regardless of who you are. If you are reading this post you have every thing you need for the same information. ItÂs on forums like this one and others plus do a Google search on what you need like nursery+stock+wholesale.

John

• ladybarber101
    15 years ago

Janie how long has it been since you bought his program? He does offer a money back guarentee if you are not happy and I havent seen you on the board for your free trial either which you have for ordering the system. I too was intitially alittle upset about the oney for the board and waited until here recently to become a permanent member because of funds. Since then I have more than tripled my investment in the program.

Onnie & John
    Mikes program does work and all of the information we recieved was current. It honestly is a great deal of information and yes some of it is things you already know but for many people s everything they need.

My husband and I played with the idea for 2 years before getting the system and now my oly regret is that we didnt do it sooner. We had the basic idea pu together but ad no idea how to get the ball rolling. This system id that fr us and helped us to understand a better way of doing things wit hbetter results.

O by the way yes there are sources for getting the red japenese maples as cheaply as he says. Members and sources have great prices and smaller quanity ordering available.

I cant promise you riches or fame but if you dive in and really want to make it work it will. My husband and I are living proof.

Happy gardening
    Donna

• sunslight
    15 years ago

I looked at the system and thought it probably has most of the things I know. Still, I contemplate getting it. It's good to know the forum is an extra $300. that kind-of knocks it out of the boat for me.

A more serious concern is distribution. To whom do you sell? Especially if you are trying to sell wholesale.

I checked around here and no one was interested in buying, regardless of the price, in case it put getting other plants from their suppliers, at risk.

Finally, what about liability should you actually find a buyer, but fail to deliver?

When you make a commodity contract, you are obligated as either purchaser of the future commodity to buy it at the agreed price, or if seller, to deliver the goods at the agreed price.

If you have no goods to deliever, you have to go onto the market and find them. If you can't find them, you could be responsible for the loss the buyer would suffer.

You'd have to pay them the fair retail market value they would have expected from selling what you defaulted on.

Is there crop insurance for such failure to deliever? I don't think so.

You could be subject to huge financial loss if you do not honor your contract, for whatever reason.

What about these things?

Bob T

• ladybarber101
    15 years ago

Hi Bob

I completely understand being hesitant and honestly we were on his newsletter list and free forum for about a year before we decided and took the plunge.

How do we sell to? As of yet other growers on the board is about all we have been able to keep up with and we are building inventory for a retail sale like mike shows on his site in september. We have several local nurseries who request any availablilty list we send out and have bought from us on occasion. Landscapers will buy and pay alittle over wholesale.

We dont contract grow for anyone at this point. We choose what we want to grow and offer it when available. On some items we have alist of people to contact when they become available.

Your options are always open with what you do with Mikes system and once you are liscened our door will open with those people who said no. They cant legally buy from you if you aren't.

Honestly I really do understand not wanting to put the money out but remember he does have a money back guarentee and when you get the system you get a free trail on the board.

Things happen fast.

• fancifowl
    15 years ago

Are you all buying from licensed operations? How about yourselves, are you going thru inspections? I would be leery buying from just anyonw who propagates plants.

• ladybarber101
    15 years ago

Most everyone on the board is inspected and liscensed and if they are not they are in the process of getting them done.

• little_dani
    15 years ago

When I get my Nursery Liscense, the state inspects my facilities. I don't know if it is the same with every other state.

I wouldn't ask for my money back, as I already downloaded it and printed it out. It doesn't seem like that would be fair.

Janie

• ladybarber101
    15 years ago

Hi Janie
    Welcome to the group and I will be looking for you on the board. I hope taht didnt come out the way it sounds now reading back over my comment. I didnt mean to get the program use it and get a refund I was only mentioning it so if by chance someone was unhappy they didnt feel like it was a waste.
    I lot money on a few programs here and there before getting Mikes system so I know what it feels like to get ripped off. I believe anyone who wants to get started should dive in and go for it. We are glad we did!