Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javo_gw

Destroyed maple cultivars

javo
16 years ago

Last week during a morning I found in my back yard my 3 months maple cuttings pulld out of its pots, the soil was also spread all over the floor, I felt so concerned about the reason what could make that, no kids, no pets, all the work and time I spent taking care of them and everything lost. I opted planting the cuttings back again to pots and most of them faded to death, a few cuttings left survived and look ok but today it happened the worse!!! beside of finding all the cuttings out of the soil again now happened more than that... I found many of my 1 year japanese maple cultivars broken and a few of them pulled out of its pots. I turned mad watching all my beloved plants destroyed, I talked to my neighbors about my problem, there is not manner a stranger (human) could brake into my property and do that, I live 7 years in this place and never happened something like that, they suggested me about an animal could be de responsable of the vandaism. I live in the city in a house with back yard, behind there is a 1 block sized park and there are a lot of squirrels. Please help me suggesting me what could be the cause of the problem and what should I do in the case animals would be doing that. I feel so sad watching all my young japanese maples broken and died.

Comments (4)