Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avajay_gw

bringing honeysuckles to the front

avajay
14 years ago

I bought my property late summer of '07, have a very large lot with a creek out back. It's just loaded with heavy, trailing, vining, climbing honeysuckles back there, and just now I'm noticing that brings-me-back-to-my-childhood smell that only comes with just the right breeze. I want to eventually enclose my large lot with fencing (wanting to have the vines kinda as part of the fence effect), and I would like some ideas on how to NOW bring some of these plants to the front. They're just now flowering, can I do it now? Brave the poison ivy and get in there and split the roots (some of these are trees)? Do some cuttings of stems? OH, also, last summer my mom had me dig up one in her back yard, I had intended to place this large root in my ground, and I got lazy (got?....I AM lazy) and it still sits, it's now in my living room, sitting in a box. Are they dormant, can I soak it and plant it with any success? I would like to space some propagations at intervals along my intended fencing lines that will bloom, flower and SMELL by next year. Who can tell me what to do? I have LOTS to work with out back, and any amount of experimentation is quite feasable.

Thanks, I know ya'll will come through for me.

Joyce

Comment (1)