Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ibemaggie

Propagation of Money Tree Plant

ibemaggie
18 years ago

Greetings,

First of all as a new member you could not believe how many hours I have sat here gathering information from all of the different forums. You all do a great job and I thank you.

I received a money tree plant (I realize that it must have an official name but do not know it!) as a wedding gift some years ago. I have been trying to propragate? the plant to pass on to other's as a gift.

Problem: I do not know what I am doing. I thought my Mother used to just stick some like this in a jar of water and get roots. Well I put my cutting in water for a while (months) and it did not die but just sat there. Next I tried planting the cutting. The cutting is about 8 inches long and has now grown two little nodules in the V of the cutting I took. It has been planted in dirt for over three months now. The whole process has taken six months.

I would appreciate some help on what my next step might be in handling this gangly cutting that has made very slow progress. Also if anyone knows the correct name of this plant I would love to know it. If a picture is needed just let me know. Thank you!

Comments (7)