Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper plants have dry spots on leaves

Posted by shutteringfocus 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 19:00

These peppers are close to two months old.

They started under Fluorescent grow lights inside the house. Past few days have been very nice Around 70° and very sunny. I've had the plants outside the past two days. I figured since it was so warm they didn't need to be hardened off too much.

Today many of them have these burn spots on them.

I've been letting them dry out inbetween waterings. Yesterday I watered them from the top with a watering can.

I don't know if the bright sun has been too much for them or if it has something to do with getting water on the leaves?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper plants have dry spots on leaves

Are they near the house where a reflection could hit the leaves and magnify a burning sun ray? I would maybe keep them in the shade but introduce them to sun little by little.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here