Return to the Plant Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to transplant cuttings?

Posted by wallknight 5A (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 08 at 1:24

My continuous mist propagator set-up worked. Roots are forming. When can I pot them up? Do I wait till the roots are a certain size, or wait for new growth? I've got a variety of species, so generalities are appreciated.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to transplant cuttings?

If your roots get to long you risk breaking them off when planting. I usually get them about 1/4 inch in length.

Water them well after potting and if they wilt you will need to put them back in a humid environment for about a week until the roots take hold. I use a big clear plastic tote from Wal-Mart with a bowl of water inside. After a week I take them out and if they wilt, I put them back. You can also put them in a big zip lock bag if needed and poke holes in it every day to gradually get them used to the environment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plant Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here